The Department of Pharmacology at St Peter’s Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Hosur has the following CBME core competencies.
- Experimental Pharmacology
Pharmacology is the study of how drugs interact with living organisms to produce a change in function. A medical science concerned with the safe and effective use of medicines, it encompasses drug composition and properties, interactions, toxicology, therapy, and medical applications.
- As a department, Pharmacology explores the effects drugs have on the human body and how they can be used during the incidence of disease.
- The learning for UG students involves both theory and observation. Students are encouraged to take up short-term projects to go deeper into the subject.
- The Department has its own Pharmaco-Vigilance Centre through which reports are collected to provide evidence to the National Centre as and when needed.
- The students can access to the Central Museum, which integrates the disciplines of microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, anatomy and forensics under one roof, creating an environment of integrated learning and discovery.