About The Department
The Department of Forensic Medicine has Medico-Legal experts to provide students with an overview of the medico legal aspects of health sciences, components of toxicology and ethics.
- Mortuary facility & post mortem examination
- Expert opinion
- Attending courts
- Teaching and research activates
- The department works closely with the regional Police and Transport Departments, Government of Tamil Nadu through dedicated workshops and awareness programs.
- The department is part of the Poison Control team and the Collaborative Child Response unit.
- Students are trained in basic ethical issues and are also introduced to procedures such as post mortem, rape victim examination; rape accused examination and the various kinds of autopsies.
- The department teaches skeletal remains examination & opinion for students.
- Department also teaches students about medico legal issues related to RTA admitted in the hospital.