About The Department
Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, the department is rooted in academics and offers patients real-time imaging services. Since imaging is a necessity for every other department, Radio Diagnosis represents a meeting ground for various branches of medical studies.
- Besides routine imaging and contrast investigations, special investigations like musculoskeletal ultrasonography, CT angiography, virtual scopies and imaging guided procedures are performed.
- Vascular, gastrointestinal and hepato-biliary interventions are performed by highly skilled in-house and visiting consultants.
- Through theory and practicals, undergraduates learn about imaging modalities and their applications. CT, MR, Ultrasound and Contra Studies are taught and students get a concise view of an otherwise vast subject.
- The department boasts of some of the best imaging facilities including a 64 slide CT unit, stationary and portable ultrasound, head CT and mammography.
- The centralised Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), which allows the department to work with other departments seamlessly, are important in terms of both academics as well as patient care.
- Students also have access to the departmental museum and the digital library.